Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harlequin Teen April 30, 2013
Pages: 434

Synopsis:

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.


Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


My thoughts:

Spoilers galore. Beware.

Oh. My. Gosh. What an ending. All I can say is that The Eternity Cure was one of the best books I've read. Ever. Seriously, if you thought The Immortal Rules was good then be prepared to have your mind blown in its amazing sequel. It's really, really, really good. Don't take my word for it, just read The Eternity Cure and see for yourself.

As for that ending, I called it. Yes, I did. When Sarren took Zeke, I just knew that he would be killed then brought back to life as a vampire. I mean, he has to be a vampire. We all heard Sarren kill him through the computer. Once that part happened I had a feeling he'd be Turned to the bloodsucking side. And I don't think Kagawa would have killed off a really beloved main character so I thought that would happen. Anyway, my reaction to the ending can be pretty much be summed up as this:
I'll finish by saying that the Blood of Eden series is one of the best series I've ever read and definitely on my favorites shelf. I also think that this series could be made into great movies. Think about it, these books have all the elements a good movie can create. Like a ton of action, fighting, humor, some romance, survival of the fittest stuff, morals being tested, and of course one really kick ass heroine. Eeeee, I can't wait for The Forever Song!!!

What are your thoughts on this book? What did you like the best? The worst? Oh, and how about that ending!?!
 photo b2signature_zps8268ed47.jpg
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Brianna's Book Buzz 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis