Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Endlessly by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Series: Paranormalcy #3
Reading Level: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperTeen July 24, 2012
Pages: 385

Synopsis:

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.


The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.



So much for normal.

My thoughts:

I wasn't really too psyched to read Endlessly. It's funny because I enjoyed the first book, Paranormalcy, immensely. I even gave it a four star rating. But, then came Supernaturally and it all went downhill from there. Granted, the second book in the Paranormalcy trilogy wasn't that bad but it just didn't live up to the first one  in a big way. So, you can imagine my lack of enthusiasm to read the last book. I actually wasn't planning to read Endlessly but I have a horrible habit of finishing series whether I like them or not. It's so annoying. I literally say to myself, you are NOT going to read this book. Then, after a couple days the stupid book will be in the back of my mind always nagging me saying, you should really give it a try. Who knows? Maybe it'll actually be good and surprise you and that way you know what happens at the end. Yeah, that soooo didn't happen with Endlessly.

What happened with Endlessly, you ask? Well, it's simple. Evie's voice is grating. The way she talks and, heck, the way Kiersten White writes seems so immature and whiny. Yeah, in Paranormalcy it actually worked. Evie's likeness of the color pink, Tasey, and the jokes felt new and fresh and cute. In Endlessly, they just feel stupid, childish, and really really annoying.

Now, this is the part where you say stop right there, Brianna, why are you bagging on Endlessly so badly when you gave it a 3 star rating? And this is the part where I say that's because it did get a little better in the middle. I didn't find it so horribly annoying at times where I actually enjoyed parts of the book. And the ending was kinda nice if you ignored how easily everything wrapped up.

The bottom line is that at times Endlessly excelled but then for most of the time Endlessly just fell flat.


What did you think of Endlessly?
 photo b2signature_zps8268ed47.jpg
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Brianna's Book Buzz 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis