Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review: Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton

Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #14
Reading Level: Adult
Publisher: Jove June 27, 2006
Pages: 517

Synopsis:

These days, Anita Blake is less interested in vampire politics than in an ancient, ordinary dread she shares with women down the ages: she may be pregnant. And, if she is, whether the father is a vampire, a werewolf, or someone else entirely, he knows perfectly well that being a Federal Marshal known for raising the dead and being a vampire executioner, is no way to bring up a baby.





My thoughts:

This will be a short review because Danse Macabre was a dull read and I really don't have much to say on it. Here are reasons why this book is sooo boring:


1. Nothing happens. Literally, there is no plot, no premise, you wouldn't even think it's an Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter book. Quite seriously, if you picked up Guilty Pleasures, the first book, read it and then read this boring mess you would be scratching your head, like huh? Is this even the same series?

2. All talk, no action. I mean how can an author write her whole book based on talking about nothing? It was just so boring. This is Anita and everybody else: oh, no I'm pregnant! What am I going to do?! Now we talk forever about the baby. Yadda yadda. Wait, now I've getting more powers! Now, we have to talk forever about said powers. Yadda yadda yadda. Oh, now someone's feelings got hurt. I'm Anita so I have to go console him and talk about meaningless things the whole time. It's goes on and on. It's like that teacher in Charlie Brown where she talks but you can't understand a word she's saying.

Now you see why it was like watching paint dry. I gave Danse Macabre two stars because it was just okay. Not horrible (although reading over this review, it sounds like its horrible) but nowhere near good either. Nevertheless, I'm going to give the next book, The Harlequin, a try and hope for the best. Besides, I've heard that later in the series Hamilton gets back on track so to speak to the Anita from the first nine books. Oh, and did I forget to tell you that it took me almost a YEAR to read this book. Yeah. That's how boring it was. Now that I read over my review, it seems that I had more to say about this book than I thought. Huh.

What did you think of Danse Macabre? Boring as heck or did you find it entertaining? photo b2signature_zps8268ed47.jpg
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Brianna's Book Buzz 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis